Monday, April 20, 2009

Out of office memo...

I'll be leaving Thursday morning (in good weather, I think) for Bisbee AZ and Silver City NM.

I won't be working in support of the Vuelta de Bisbee stage race this weekend. The race promoter tells me that entries are down and he has no budget, not even for housing. I will be working for SRAM at the Tour of the Gila next week in SW New Mexico. I'll try to post a blog entry or two from the Silver City Library as I did last year.

The last two years I've left Denver in chilly weather with snow alongside the roads, especially at 6,000-plus feet of elevation. We've just had a big snowstorm here, wet, heavy spring snow, but it's nearly gone as I look out our patio window. The mountains are totally white and will be for weeks.

I'll try to respond to emails while I'm away. If you're in the area, I'll be in Bisbee this coming Sunday and Monday morning. Monday afternoon through Sunday noon in Silver City - in the Gila Wilderness.  

No comments: