Saturday, June 19, 2010

Off to Indianapolis

Hi all!

I'm leaving tomorrow, Sunday, for my high school reunion in Indianapolis. It's just over a thousand miles from Denver to Indy, two days hard riding each way on the motorcycle. I'll be gone until the first of July, give or take. If I can get online during the trip, I'll post a little update.

My class at Shortridge HS, the class of 1960, had over 500 graduating students. I suspect two or three hundred will attend. I'm only in touch with a very few of my classmates and haven't seen the rest (except for an hour or so at our 25th reunion) since we graduated. I moved away from Indy later in 1960 and only returned for a short time in the mid-'60s.

I'm riding Highway 36, the "shortest route from Indianapolis to Denver," as the sign says. It's the old road, not as acclaimed as Route 66 but not so different in character. I may ride 36 in both directions...we'll see.

I plan to see old friends in Bloomington and Muncie, both smallish towns an hour from Indy.

As I said, I'll try to post as often as I can....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good ride

Jim said...

Rt 36 is one of my favorite roads

James Thurber said...

Assume your traveling on your Suzuki 650. Bad Roads and the Suzuki DR 650 go together. Long travel suspension, a wide saddle, a pretty smooth engine, low fuel consumption . . . it all works.

Now all you need is fair weather, following winds and good, home-style restaurants every (roughly) 200 miles or so :)

Bon Voyage