Saturday, March 20, 2010

bikeradar.com interview with track sprinter Victoria Pendleton

Here's the last paragraph:

"I can be educated and successful as a sportsperson, and I can also wear a frock and high heels and feel like a lady. I can pose for FHM or borrow dresses from Paul Smith and all these wonderful things. There’s a feeling now that no-one puts limits on me, I think that’s the biggest thing, and I think that’s just maturity." Maturity, and the gold medals that prove her place within that masculine cycling world, with or without long hair and make-up.

And here's a link to the fine Lara Dunn interview with a levelheaded young woman world champion.

1 comment:

Oivind Haavik said...

I have even purchased my bike from them, they are quick in delivery as well as quick response time.