Thursday, November 5, 2009

Just coincidentally....

Weekend before last, Tamar and I went to San Francisco, where her brother Ronnen married his sweetheart Robin. The wedding ceremony was outdoors, on patio on the fifth floor of the Hotel Vitale - at the foot of Mission Street just a few steps from the Embarcadero.

That's Tamar & I on the right in the photo with our friends Ray & Carrie.

During the lovely ceremony, written in part by the wedding couple, the rabbi's voice was made impossible to hear by the many Harley-Davidson motorcycles passing by on the Embarcado just below us.

I was inspired by the gross inconsiderateness of those riders (not only for the wedding, of which they were not aware, but for anyone or anything they may encounter) to write a column for CityBike and Motorcycle Sport and Leisure, the two motorcycle magazines that run my stuff.

I sent the article off last week. Just today, I learned about a recent South Park episode focusing on Harley riders and their amazing lack of consideration. It's a funny and accurate skewering of those callous promoters of hearing damage. Here's the link. Enjoy. Sorry about the ads....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When one of these morons rides up beside me I'm always tempted to ask "couldn't you make it any LOUDER?" The stupid things are not performance machines anyway, so why the hell do these bozos saw off the mufflers or worse, spend a ton of dough on pipes that do nothing but make a gawdawful racket? I read somewhere an opinion these folks are sort of going around forcing people to watch them take a dump based on the riding position and flatulent racket they make!