Monday, November 5, 2007

Three Hundred Days into the Year...

An email sent just last week...

Hi Larry, Hi Andy.

No, you guys have not met. But you may be aware of one another. Larry lives in Iowa. He runs CycleItalia, taking folks on epicurean bicycle tours in Italy. Andy, from Duluth, runs Aerostich Rider Wearhouse and outfits discriminating motorcyclists internationally. He takes folks to exotic locales for motorcycle tours.

Correct me if I'm wrong: You guys live in adjacent states. Today, against incalculable odds, both of you sent me the only two pins I have rec'd in 2007.

Andy sent me an enameled pin with an image of a Honda like mine, a little British-style classic single. Larry send me a button with a drawing of a bicycle, and the slogan $0 per gallon.

Both of you included remarkably similar short notes, saying that when you saw the pin you thought of me. I'm pleased and gratified by the pins and the thoughtfulness behind sending them.

I am amazed that they arrived on the same day from two guys in northern Midwestern states that share a border. Thanks, guys!

Warmest Regards from Denver Maynard

No comments: