Wednesday, November 21, 2007

November 21st

Today is Tamar's and my one-year anniversary in Denver. A year ago, we pulled our rental truck 'n' trailer into the alley behind the Denver University district apartment complex Tamar found via Craigslist. We'd spent two and a half days on I-10 and I-25 getting here.

We've never, even in last winter's endless ice and snow, regretted our decision. I've actually been enjoying riding my bike...and I'm fitter than I've been in years, I think. I'm not fierce fit, not raging, man-eating fit, but I'm okay fit, I'm happy to say.

When I began this blog after years of encouragement from friends, I was not sure if anyone would read it outside our home. As links to it pop up here and there, and as more of our far-flung friends discover it from the little notice at the bottom of my emails, I'm starting to get comments and emails relating to items I've posted. It's gratifying and it's always a surprise.

Thank you all. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving; it's appropriate to feel grateful at this time o' year. Tamar and I are grateful for our friends here in Denver and around the country and the world. We're grateful that we found our way here and we can ride here with a feeling of relative safety.

Tamar loves her job with the Denver Public Library. I love the bike paths and our Capitol Hill neighborhood and comments you post on my blog. I even love Brooks saddles; I'm told that they will adapt to the shape of one's bottom. In time. Maybe.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.billbostoncycles.com/brooks_pro.htm