Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Reader letter #11 - same old disgusting same old

Here's another letter in response to my Rivendell Reader piece about being scared and humiliated off my bike - temporarily. That was two years ago, before Tamar and I moved to Denver.

Just finished RR 37 and Maynard's column in particular. I've run into so many rude motorists over the years that they hardly faze me anymore. That's what I've come to expect from people in cars. Cars are dangerous. Same as wild animals.

We just have to be careful and know what they're capable of. It makes me happy that they still haven't managed to kill me. Of course when I'm president, cyclists will be allowed to carry automatic weapons to level the playing field.

Not having had a drivers license since 1971, not riding is not an option, but moving to a place where riding is not regarded as a seditious activity definitely is an option. So I'm very interested in where the best such places are. Right now I'm aiming for Gainesville Florida, but I haven't been there yet and so would be very interested in seeing more on this in the RR.

Thanks. GE

No comments: