Saturday, December 15, 2007

Scooters in the NY Times!

Here's a link to a nicely positive article in today's NY Times about motor scooters. The article will not tell you much you don't know but it's fun. The comments, on the other hand, are eye-opening and well worth the time to read - no matter if you're a cyclist, motorcyclist, scooterist or driver. You may want to contribute a comment of your own...

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/15/whats-so-great-about-scooters-why-should-you-care/

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Small world.

You rode a motorcycle with my father, Nelson Link, back in the 70s. Just today I was with Kit Pravda (Ferdl was out flying a model plane, still rides his bikes, both those with and those without motors).

I too have a Bike Friday and have stories on their Web site.

And it looks like we've both found the good life.

Yes. Small, small world.

Maynard said...

Jackie,

I remember your father well, and I'd love to hear news about Kit and Ferdl. Your note reached me with a no-reply address. Please write me at mhershon@gmail.com so we can get in touch. I looked and looked at the BF site and couldn't find you...
Thanks for writing me. Gosh Jackie, all those memories...
Maynard