Friday, July 31, 2009

A letter from my (younger) sister:

At The Dentist Office....

I was sitting in the waiting room for my appointment with a new dentist. I noticed his DDS name tag, which bore his full name. Suddenly, I remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 40-odd years ago. Could he be the same guy that I had a secret crush on, way back then??

Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought.

This balding gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate. Hmmm. . .or could he???

After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Shortridge High School.

"Yes. Yes, I did. I'm a Blue Devil," he gleamed with pride.

"When did you graduate?" I asked. He answered, "In 1962. Why do you ask?"

"You were in my class!" I exclaimed. He looked at me closely.

Then that ugly, old, wrinkled sumbitch asked, "What did you teach?"

2 comments:

Addison said...

Well it might explain why the ladies do not give him those looks anymore, one would like to think that we learn as we age. This tale is funny only in its total depiction of lack of diplomacy, couth or just plain common sense.
Guess we all are guilty of seeing what we want to when we look in a mirror......

David S said...

Well told!
Does your entire family have superior story telling skills like you and your sister?