Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Jeez, I wish I'd written this:

Cigo has left a new comment on your (Jan 4th, 2011) post "Hey! Whereya been?":

I know I felt the same when I left Berkeley for Santa Cruz in '89. My cycling dreams sort of died with my ordinary genetics. I missed the club rides, meetings, and the shop. None of it was the same where ever I went - even when I returned to Berkeley in '93. It made me sad to ride. It made me feel isolated.

Fast forward to now, in Portland, where there is always a tailwind, and it always rains at night (yeah, right)...Wasn't that what you wrote once about some mythical bike paradise? Anyway, its here, the dream is alive, in Portland ;-).

But the happiness is in the doing- I'm finding. Doing for the it's own sake, not for the memories, but for the new ones you will create, the new friends you will find if your heart is open, and the newness of the old familiar roads as the seasons change. It's there, if you decide to find it, I think.

What a rush to read that, and to imagine being in that open-heart frame of mind....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeez, I don't know the exact details of your life but move there already, you free-lancer.

Jim