Friday, January 18, 2008

From the NY Times: Exercising in the Cold...

Here's a link to a piece in today's Times about getting out and doing athletic stuff when it's cold, even below zero. According to this piece, exercising in the heat is more likely to hurt you than cycling or running in what many of us consider prohibitive cold.

Gotta keep moving, the article says. Good advice in many areas of our lives, I'd say.

I don't know why I'd think to post this piece on my blog in January in Colorado at 5,280ft of elevation. I suppose I thought you might find it interesting. If indeed you do, please paste this link into your browser:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/17/health/nutrition/17BEST.html?em&ex
=1200805200&en=17c40be634b60f38&ei=5087%0A

2 comments:

Julia Hensley said...

Hi Maynard,
Boy, it's sure good to read you here, I can just hear your voice! Nice link, btw. . .guess who told me you had posted it?? Hope you two are both doing great in Denver.
Cheers,
Julia

Brendan said...

I hope this story doesn't mean the bike paths will become more crowded in the winter. I'm enjoying the solitude...