Monday, January 12, 2009

From Ian Dille's VeloNews interview w/ Taylor Phinney (Team Trek-Livestrong)

VN is Ian Dille. TP is Taylor Phinney, 18yr old track sensation, son of Davis Phinney and Connie Carpenter. The entire interview is interesting; I like this part best.

VN: Lance probably shared a lot of the same experiences you’re having. Does he relate to you in that way and offer you any advice?

TP: I consider him a close friend of mine. He’s a homie. I came down here a month or so ago with Ben King and we stayed in his guesthouse. We go on bike rides and pretty much talk about girls the whole time. I feel like he’s an older brother. He gives me a lot of grief. When we were staying with him, Ben and I burned some steaks on the grill. We left them on there at like 800 degrees and forgot about them. He gives me a hard time about that pretty often. But he’s there for me when I need him, and I guess I’m there for him too. I’m not sure what I’d do for him though. I guess I bring a younger vibe. He’s getting old, man. He hangs out with a lot of old people.

No comments: