Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Off the subjects, like the World is Flat post...

As a contributor to Motorcycle Sport and Leisure magazine (UK), I get a complimentary copy each month. I'm glad I do, because finding MCSL isn't easy in the US. Late in '07, I noticed that my copy of MCSL was not appearing in my mail box. The publisher, Mortons Media, also produces Classic Motorcycle Mechanics, and that magazine was arriving regularly.

I wrote the subscription folks at Mortons. Yesterday, I got a letter, not a form letter but a personal, typewritten letter with a genuine signature, from DHL Global Mail, at Heathrow Int'l Airport Trading Estate. Uh, in England. They're the "distribution agents" for Mortons Media.

DHL Global Mail, it seems, is concerned that my copies of MCSL have not been arriving. They are sending me several copies and want to hear from me when they arrive. No kidding. I have a Subscriber Case Number there, and I'd tell you what it is, but I'd have to...

I emailed the Customer Serviceperson at DHL Global Mail and thanked her for her interest and attention. She responded, apologizing again for the non-appearance of my magazines and asking me if I'd be sure to let them know when the next ones arrive. You bet, I said.

Ms Shopland at DHL Global Mail realized just after she clicked SEND that she'd called me Mr. Maynard in her note, and wrote again to apologize. I assured her I was not going to hold a grudge, and I was beyond pleased with their interest in my problem and efforts in my behalf.

I think we all complain about customer service - and there's a lot to complain about. To be fair, though, we have to rave about the outfits that genuinely try to reach out to us, right?

DHL Global Mail. DHL Global Mail. DHL Global Mail.

1 comment:

Corey L said...

Glad there was a happy ending to The Case of the Missing MSL Issues...